PhotographerDon McLeodDescriptionA cityfitness (no capital) franchise.
The upper floor had started as a ten-pin bowling alley; and then operated as a gymnasium; cityfitness is the latest of a series of brands which have operated here.
Originally Marshall's Building; Gerry Marshall's paint and decorating business; there is a memorial plaque to Gerry and his wife in the doorway.
Gerry Marshall had started business in 1956, on the eastern corner of Main and Logan streets in October 1956, crossed main Street to the Baigent's garage building in 1963, and moved to this building in 1970; a proposed pedestrian precinct would have made moving goods difficult. The council had offered the site for around $40 000, and the premises cost $80 000.Date Taken25th December 2012Geotagnot specified