Date1849 - 1903DescriptionRobert Wyeth established the Barley Mow Hotel around 1850. A bush licence was granted to Robert in 1851 for the hotel. He built and leased three dwellings on his property to Thomas & Sarah Stanaway, Charles & Mary Ann Sollers and James & Charlotte Hagan and their families.
In 1858 the three dwellings were swept away in a devastating flood and 13 family members drowned along with the visiting midwife Mrs Sarah Price. The last licence granted to the Barley Mow was in May 1860.
In 1869 the Silver Stream flooded again and the bridge over the stream was carried away by the current near the site of the old Barley Mow Inn.