Date1848 - 1903DescriptionJames Brown established the Halfway House Hotel around 1848. A bush licence was granted to James in 1848 for the hotel.
By 1850 the hotel had been renamed the Shepherd Inn and in 1859 renamed the Criterion Hotel. Around 1881 the licence for the hotel ceased and the building became a hall and shops.
In 1903 the building was demolished, thus ending the history of the Criterion Hotel.