Date1851 - 1950sDescriptionJames Collins established the Mungaroa Hotel around 1850. A bush licence was granted to James in 1851 for the hotel.
In 1861 when James died, his widow Anne managed the hotel with her son-in-law Thomas Groom Mabey. Thomas Wagg held the last hotel licence in 1878.
In 1880 the Benge family purchased the former hotel and renamed it Bloomfield house. In 1918 the property was purchased by Bloomfield Farm Co. Ltd. What happened to the original hotel building is unknown.